‘Where are you Belly?’ – Oleksandr Usyk sends jibe to Tyson Fury ahead of potential undisputed heavyweight world title clash in March

As we approach a potential clash between Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury, the Ukrainian has begun the trash-talking for 2023.

Usually Fury is the one pulling gags and winding up his opponents in the build-up to fights, but with ‘The Gypsy King’ taking a break from social media, Usyk has taken the chance to call his rival for the belts out.

Usyk sent a taunting message to Fury, calling him 'Belly'

Usyk sent a taunting message to Fury, calling him ‘Belly’

Usyk used Twitter on Tuesday to post a picture of himself in swim shorts while smiling alongside the caption: “The Middleweight is here!

“Where are you Belly? Tyson Fury.”

This is in reference to the fact that Fury has repeatedly labeled Usyk a middleweightowing to his relatively small stature for a heavy weight.

Fury has previously said: “I don’t think [Usyk’s] big enough and strong enough to stand up to the punches, and he’s a naturally lighter man.

“When we were both younger, as amateurs, Usyk was a middleweight at the same time I was super-heavyweight and weighed 110 kilos.

“It’s a challenge, but he’ll be running away like a little b**** all night and I will hunt him down and when I get hold of him he’ll be crushed.”

Fury has a significant size advantage over Usyk, standing at 6ft 9ins, while the Ukrainian is 6ft 3ins

Getty

Fury has a significant size advantage over Usyk, standing at 6ft 9ins, while the Ukrainian is 6ft 3ins


As it stands, Fury and Usik are expected to clash no later than March 4 this year, with the location likely to be in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia), although the UK has not been ruled out.

It also appears that all four belts will be on the line, making it an undisputed fight after the IBF’s latest U-turn, as they rescinded their order for Usyk to fight his mandatory challenger, Filip Hrgovic.

In terms of the latest news around fight negotiations, promoter Frank Warren recently told talkSPORT Fight Night: “We’ve sent them a draft contract, that’s where we’re at.

“Listen, it’s got to be sorted out very, very quickly now because the time is against us.”

He added: “We are all looking at March and everybody is really up for getting this done and we are all really positive it will get done.

“There’s still lots of things to be sorted out, but I genuinely believe this will happen.

“It’s good the IBF yesterday knocked out they were going to have their mandatory, they canceled it.

“Everything is looking positive for it.”

talkSPORT BET OFFER OF THE DAY

Get up to £40 in free bets* – CLAIMS HERE

18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet up to £40 (min. £20) on selected events at odds of 2.00+, in 7 days. Get up to £40 in free bets on selected events. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly

SEE ALL FREE BETS HERE

.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *